- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About The Role
The Lead Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Floorcare category. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect, and deliver the electronics for new products. You may also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical, and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You will lead a team/s of Electronics Engineers in development projects and provide supervision and mentoring to graduates and new team members.
- Lead a team of Electronics Engineers to develop and deliver integrated electronics solutions to project timelines.
- Lead design reviews, technical risk analyses, and investigations to proactively solve complex problems.
- Champion established Dyson methodology and good engineering practices to deliver robust and high-quality design solutions.
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to Engineers in the team.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Reliability, Software, Manufacturing, Test, etc) across the UK and South East Asia to ensure product and system requirements are satisfied, and drive product development through to production.
- Develop analogue, digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson products, including circuit design, analysis, review, troubleshooting, verification, and validation.
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layouts, tolerance analyses, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis reports, and technical review documents.
- Contribute towards electronics development process improvement activities.
As a Lead Electronics Engineer, you will be an experienced design engineer and capable of working unsupervised to deliver high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept through to mass production and product sustainability.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience of electronics development through multiple product development cycles.
- Experience in Design QA, DFM, DFX, and DFMEA.
- Knowledge of home appliance safety requirements and regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels, including EMC/ESD.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills, and experience in a team or technology leadership role.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.