- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
The Lead Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Floorcare category. As a member of the RDD Global Hardware – Floorcare Electronics Team based in Singapore Technology Centre, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics for Floorcare Robotics products. You may also be working with Dyson’s Research in UK and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical, and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You will lead a team of Electronics Engineers in development projects and provide supervision and mentoring to graduates and new team members.
- Lead a team of Electronics Engineers to develop and deliver integrated electronics solutions to project timelines.
- Lead design reviews, technical risk analysis, and investigations to proactively solve complex problems.
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to junior Engineers.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Software, Manufacturing, Test, etc) across the UK and South East Asia to ensure product and system requirements are satisfied, and drive product development through to production.
- Develop power electronics, analogue/digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson Floorcare robotics products, including circuit design, analysis, review, troubleshooting, verification, and validation.
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layouts, tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis reports, and technical review documents.
- Drive suppliers and contract manufacturer’s production process to meets Dyson requirements.
- Involve in supplier audit to qualify and manage electronic components.
- Contribute towards electronics development process improvement activities.
As a Lead Electronics Engineer, you will be an experienced design engineer and capable of working unsupervised to deliver high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept through to mass production and product sustainability.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- At least minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably in design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor Drive, Battery Management, Analogue, High Speed Design, Digital and Sensing technology.
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller-based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit/ARM Cortex microcontrollers.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience of electronics development through multiple product development cycles.
- Experience of DFM, DFX, and DFMEA.
- Knowledge of home appliance safety requirements and regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels.
- Experience in EMC/ESD troubleshooting is essential.
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills.
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.