- Operational Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The lead electronics technician is responsible for a wide variety of electronics assembly and test tasks to support current and future Dyson products. The technician will be responsible for managing and completing their tasks whilst working with the appropriate electronics engineers to validate and improve assembly or test.
The responsibilities for this role will cover the following areas:
- Read and understand mechanical and electronic schematics & assembly drawings.
- Assembly of prototype PCB boards using both through hole and SMD components down to 01005 size, from a BOM & from specification.
- Managing lab spaces across the Dyson Campus, including managing COSHH, scheduled equipment maintainance and general health and safety.
- Ability to build prototype wire harnesses and fit them to test rigs and products.
- Experience of equipment, tools and methods used to build low volume wire harnesses
- Be able to design and build basic electronic circuits.
- Build test rigs for Testing and evaluating electronic designs.
- Place component orders for prototype assembly.
- Work within the Electronics group advising and supporting others.
- Ensuring the laboratories are correctly stocked and maintained (including equipment) to enable testing & prototyping.
- Recording and analysis of test results to present to senior colleagues.
- Maintain a tidy and safe work place.
- Practical experience of building test rigs and carrying out tests commission
- Soldering experience & PCB assembly
- Programming ICs (integrated circuits)
- Previous experience of working in a lab environment
- Experience of executing test plans to an exact standard, spotting anomalies and reporting back to relevant engineers.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.