- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technology, requiring ever more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
- Work with our global development teams in NPI (New Product Innovation) and NPD (New Product Development) across a range of engineering disciplines to deliver wiring designs for new Dyson products.
- Be responsible for development of the wire harness architecture for new Dyson products.
- Manage wiring architecture schematics and data on projects.
- Work with Procurement to select cost-effective solutions from new and existing suppliers that align with our technology roadmap.
- Review and signoff harness components and wiring assemblies to ensure engineering quality.
- Oversee testing and validation of new product designs.
- A strong understanding of wiring components: connectors, contacts, cables and associated components and their manufacture.
- A strong understanding of harness assembly processes and manufacture, including production process capability controls, quality checks and assurance, and design for manufacture.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software and ability to carry out 3D modelling, preferably Siemens NX.
- Experience of working with PLM systems, preferably Siemens Teamcenter.
- Knowledge of wiring logical data design and schematic capture systems.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Relevant experience in design of wiring systems, ideally for consumer or domestic appliances.
- Knowledge of electrical principles for AC mains domestic voltage and low voltage DC circuits, and appreciation of design for compliance.
- Some prior experience in a team or technology leadership role.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.