- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
This role will be a part of a scrum team with a definition of done that spans low-level design, development, unit test, integration and regression test.
The team focusses on a low-level platform that runs on ARM based in house designed PCBs. The platform runs a real time OS and the main programming language is C. The low-level platform interfaces to a Linux based high-level platform, hence experience of Linux user space development is desirable.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Scrum Agile experience
- Real Time OS
- Use of C and Python
- CUnit like automated unit test
- Experience of low-level control of motors and sensors using UART, I2C and SPI
- Low level debugging experience (including use of JTAG, oscilloscopes etc)
- Version control (preferably git)
- FreeRTOS and/or Micrium
- Experience of dedicated hardware bring-up
- Ceedling / Unity / CMock unit test framework
- Behave BDD testing
- Linux user space development
- Safety critical software development
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- Creation of End of Line production line software
- C++ (C++ 11)
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.