- Motors and Power Systems, Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
* Deliver robust battery pack design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements, achieving world class levels of power density.
* Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline
* Understand and comply with all relevant International Standards.
* Develop innovative & novel concepts with high value IP.
* Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle (Technology Readiness Level 7). Lead other engineering colleagues as required to support this.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of systems engineering principles to define, optimise and validate product performance.
* Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute significantly to influence its design through expert knowledge of the latest technologies & methods.
* Be a source of mechanical engineering expertise to advise on design, development, material, manufacturing, validation and test issues. Use that expertise to coach team members and grow skills within the group.
Education and experience:
* A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 degree or better) with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
* Strong knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages,
* Expert knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys, Altair HyperWorks)
* Extensive understanding of structural design principles, integrity assessment and design for dynamic loading and shock.
* Demonstrable knowledge of a range of life prediction techniques, both for fatigue and fracture, and covering low and high cycle regimes.
* High level of thermal systems design knowledge
* Good understanding of statistics and robust design techniques
* Strong understanding of materials science.
* An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems
* Ability to apply systems engineering principles to translate fundamental business / system requirements into system design definition and sub-system / component requirements.
* Strong understanding of technical risk management processes including Functional / Design FMEA
* Sound knowledge of manufacturing techniques plus experience in definition of manual and automated assembly processes
* Appreciation of relevant national, European and Worldwide regulations and legislation
* Sound knowledge of GD&T
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines