- Information Technology
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Through this role you will provide security advice to various teams across the business, including IT architects, developers and engineers, programme managers, and business data owners. You will need to build rapport quickly and project confidence in your actions and recommendations. Throughout your tasks you will ensure your recommended solutions are cost effective, observe industry good practice, exhibit appropriate security governance, and that technologies are adequately implemented and secured to support the needs of the business
- Work closely with our global Cyber Security practice and other IT teams to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout systems and platforms.
- Identify and mitigate any risks in legacy systems in order to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Plan, research, design and build robust security architectures for new IT and business-led projects.
- Serve as a security expert in application development, database design and network and/or platform projects, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT Security policies, industry regulations, computer forensic investigations and best practices.
- Ensure that security requirements are identified, represented and met in all projects and initiatives.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing to verify the security of systems and applications and drive the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security risk assessment & recommendations to the business, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect the business, and our customers.
- Write, maintain, and follow security documentation including technical designs and operations manuals.
- Keep abreast security advisories & alerts, security trends & practices.
- Experience of supporting project teams with high and low-level security consultancy, design and delivery, with a wide-ranging understanding of security considerations across key technologies such as Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, market-leading SaaS applications, public cloud,
- High level of knowledge across a number of security topics and extensive experience within a cyber security architecture or consultancy role
- Expert knowledge of security tools, techniques and best practice within enterprise environments
- Knowledge of applicable global regulations (e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT Security Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, SABSA, OSA, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT Security Governance frameworks & practices (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST CSF, CSA, risk management concepts)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines