- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
The role is part of the Group Finance Systems team, which is responsible for delivering the systems environment needed to support the work of Global Finance and, through this, the wider Dyson organization.
The role holder will work to understand Global Finance and Dyson business requirements and translate these into systems capabilities and performance requirements for their relevant accountability areas. They will then work with Group Information Technology (IT) product incident, product management and project teams to implement and manage systems requirements.
Systems accountabilities will vary based on evolving business priorities; current examples include S/4HANA Finance, S/4HANA Master Data Governance, & Vistex (Dyson’s trade promotion management system).
Key stakeholder groups include multiple teams in Global Finance and Dyson Business Services (DBS), business partnering and delivery teams in Group IT, and representatives from other business functions relevant to your projects/enhancements.
The role will positively impact multiple teams across Global Finance and Dyson by ensuring finance owned systems within their responsibility area deliver required capabilities and enable all Dyson colleagues to work efficiently. Through this you will gain deep insight into the evolving finance and information technology landscape and contribute to how this enables our long-term business ambitions.
Applicants are expected to have a minimum of two years business experience. Thereafter, to an extent, the content of the role can be flexed to accommodate applicants of different levels of experience.
The role would benefit from but does not require applicants to hold a chartered accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, ACA). There is scope to structure the role to cover experience requirements for applicants working towards these qualifications.
The following competencies are particularly relevant:
- Business Partnering: you will need to understand and translate finance/business requirements into a system product requirement and vice versa.
- Change Management: you should be familiar with key change management tools, such as project management, and comfortable operating in a change environment.
- Data & Systems: you should demonstrate experience working with complex finance systems and data - for example, SAP products - as either a Product Owner, Process Owner, Super User, or experienced End User.
- Data & Systems: You should demonstrate awareness of the role of master data to finance and other functions in a complex organisation and interest in increasing your knowledge of this area.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: the finance organisation is a key user of the systems within scope of the role. You should have foundational awareness of finance requirements and demonstrate willingness to develop this further.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.