- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories, and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As our Lead Finance Analyst for the GB&I Finance team, you will play a vital role in supporting the Commercial teams across Direct and Indirect channels.
The GB&I market, being the largest in the EMEA region, is experiencing remarkable growth, and your contribution will be instrumental in driving its strategic revamp, ultimately leading to the achievement of our ambitious goals outlined in the Five-Year Plan. Reporting to the GB Finance Manager and working closely with the GB&I FD, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with senior leaders, gaining valuable exposure to their expertise.
Your main responsibilities will include identifying the drivers of Gross Margin delivery, providing valuable insights to optimise plans. You will proactively support joint business planning, tracking terms and customer Profit and Loss statements. By maintaining open dialogue and collaboration with commercial stakeholders, you will guide them through internal processes, ensuring seamless execution of our strategies.
To excel in this position, it will be essential to understand the GB&I Five-Year Plan and the pivotal role Finance plays in realising its strategic benefits. You will align key stakeholders with risks and opportunities, actively participating in the monthly planning cycle to build a coherent forward-looking view. Additionally, you will work closely with the In Market Accountant and Key Account Managers to minimise outstanding customer deductions and manage customer spend accurately.
- Business Partnering experience (ideally in Direct retail sales)
- Prior experience in forecasting/budgeting/planning processes
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail, accurate
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments, with excellent time and workload management
- A team player, with a positive attitude and good communication and influencing skills, with prior exposure to senior stakeholders
- A track record of improving processes and challenging the status quo
- Ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with investment appraisal/financial modelling experience for commercial decisions, with SAP/OneStream experience
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.