- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Technology Development Department encompasses 3 key groups – Technology Systems, Product Performance & Acoustics and Simulation. This role sits within the Technology Systems group mainly working on fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and sensing technologies. Our Technology Systems Team is more than just a group of engineers - we are trailblazers in delivering cutting-edge technical systems (fluids, thermals, sensing technologies, etc) for Hair care and other new category products. Based in Singapore and the Philippines, our team is at the forefront of innovation, constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible in product development.
Our engineers take full ownership of delivering projects from early stages of a product until start of production levels of maturity, providing them with unparalleled exposure to the product life cycle. With access to a state-of-the-art lab, simulations, and analytical tools, they are able to harness their creativity and technical expertise to bring world-class products to market.
This position is recognized as a solid independent contributor possessing an in-depth knowledge of fluid dynamics & thermodynamics and looked upon by junior engineers to provide directions. This individual is expected to lead discipline team to resolve technical challenges within the project, while demonstrating effective communication skills. It is necessary for someone in this role to be able to do the work and effectively teach what they know to other employees.
- Champion the discipline team and ignite their passion for achieving departmental goals and shaping our long-term technology roadmap. Lead by example, driving them to new heights of excellence and ensuring timely delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to contribute valuable insights and inputs for yearly goal setting, shaping the strategic direction of our department.
- Uncover the untapped potential within the team, identifying gaps in the team’s capabilities, and proactively offering innovative solutions to bridge those gaps. Foster an environment of continuous growth and development.
Design & Development:
- Take charge of the fluid and/or thermo dynamics disciplines for your assigned project, ensuring its successful execution from start to finish.
- Consistently deliver high-quality output within specified timelines, aligning with Project Creation Framework and maintaining a strong focus on meeting project milestones.
- Take ownership and accountability for relevant requirements, either by overseeing their development or providing final sign-off, ensuring that they align with project goals and objectives.
- Take control of your personal career growth by collaborating with your People Manager to establish a comprehensive plan that encompasses short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.
- As a leader in your discipline, you may have the opportunity to manage the development plans and provide coaching to junior engineers, fostering their professional growth within the field.
- •Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements in projects and processes
- A Bachelor degree in Aerodynamics/Mechanical engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants have a Master degree. PhD holders are welcome to apply.
- 8+ years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- In-depth knowledge on the principles and application of computational fluid dynamics.
- In-depth knowledge in the field of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and experimental testing.
- In-depth user in Fluent/OpenFOAM, ANSA meshing or relevant CFD and meshing softwares.
- Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. Flow meters, National Instruments, FLIR, Electronics Tester, etc).
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.