- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
The Graphics Team is responsible for all Graphics and Packaging that is used in the manufacturing of Dyson products. The operation is split between the UK and Malaysia. The UK plays a strategic role in delivering these items, and the Malaysia team play a tactical part. Together they deliver effective, cutting edge solutions to Dyson’s Graphics and Packaging.
About the role
Reporting to G&P Programme Manager, the Graphics & Packaging Lead Project Manager will deliver and support a range of activities across complex projects within G&P function. A successful candidate will require in depth knowledge of PM principles, theories & concepts and able to apply them independently in complex situations.
They will lead a Graphics & Packaging project, based on a project vision agreed with various internal business stakeholders, including wider G&P function, RDD Category Head, Commercial and Creative. Together with the Programme Manager, they will be involved in early G&P project planning, setting G&P project direction, influencing and developing the G&P project team.
The successful candidate will be experienced in managing project stakeholders in global, cross functional teams, identifying and resolving conflict and empowering and inspiring their project team to ensure delivery of objectives, accurately, on cost, on spec and on time. They will manage and utilise systems, processes and resources to facilitate and optimize G&P project delivery efficiency.
The role is integral to delivering complex and challenging new projects, maintaining consistency of design, and quality in materials, applications, and processes, relative to existing and new categories. The Lead Project Manager will steer communication with all project stakeholders, acting as a first point of contact. They will ensure 24hr project communication and support, across UK and SEA G&P function.
- Manage Graphics & Packaging project/functional deliverables in complex situations, across multiple projects and/or project teams
- Challenge G&P concepts and specification in order to achieve the optimum design within project time constraints
- Ensure design is suitable for manufacture, assembly, meets safety, standards and compliance regulations
- Deliver the best G&P solutions to deliver not only customer value, but also meet cost, regulatory, manufacturing and quality criteria
- Implement G&P project governance policies, initiate and run suitable project cross-functional team meetings and review process to evaluate progress, ensure best practice is followed, ensure risk and issues are identified and managed accordingly and ultimately deliver the best in class graphics and packaging solution to the business
- May define and control G&P project budget and cost, when necessary
- G&P Project information management, and reporting
- Specialise in a specific product category; become a G&P expert/consultant in a specific product category; may specialise in more than one product category
- Manage senior project stakeholders and cross functional project team, removing barriers, building relationships and resolving conflict
- Identify interdependencies between internal and external business functions and facilitate cooperative working
- Within their specific product category, lead and direct global, cross functional project teams to ensure communication and collaboration; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of problems
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and development of G&P PM capability through excellent understanding of QMS, Manufacturing and Supplier sensitivities, through reviewing and investigating non-conformance instances and lessons learned
- Promote PM principles and best practice in all aspects of work in order to optimise delivery
- May participate in recruitment activity for G&P Programme Management function
- May act as mentor to other G&P Programme Management function team members, both in UK and in SEA
- May in the future manage direct reports within G&P Programme Management function
- Degree in relevant discipline (Graphics, Product Design, Project management) or equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
- In depth knowledge of Project Management discipline. Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PRINCE2, Agile)
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in relevant field (e.g. print production for B2C, packaging design for new technology, product development) demonstrating good knowledge of the complete project life cycle
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build productive working relationships and influence others
- In depth understanding in application of business processes, project governance methods and operational/development framework
- Global experience and appreciation of different working cultures, values and communication styles
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention
- Successful track record of robust design delivery within a product development industry
- Good working knowledge of a variety of print production processes and packaging manufacturing technologies and materials
- Desirable to have experience in the application of ISO 9001: Quality Management System
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers, and promote project management best practice
- Strong leadership skills, able to form complex and high performing teams quickly
- Excellent team-working skills
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.