- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
About us and the role
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals for a permanent Lead Integration Engineer position in our Philippines Advanced Manufacturing and RDD facility. Being part of a small but growing team working on the Dyson Digital Motor in the Philippines, this role combines supporting the existing family of Dyson Digital Motors and associated products with the analysis and validation of sustaining motor projects in the runup to the start of production. He/She will champion and work with SOP project team to handshake the engineering solution for production and reliability issues on the Dyson products, and this will involve characterisation, test and analysis of motors, power electronic drives and control systems to help to ensure that the final products meet their performance specification before and during the active production lifecycle.
Based in Dyson’s Philippines Advanced Manufacturing facility you will be joining the Dyson Motor Drives & Advanced Control (MDAC) team within the Dyson Global Electronics Hardware organisation. The MDAC team form part of the wider Motors and Power Systems Group and is a significant part of Dyson RDD with a growing team of more than 100 highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians in its UK, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines offices. The Group focuses on researching and developing cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
- Lead integration engineer is responsible to lead a team (hardware & software) to realize the system integration per project hardware and software.
- Prepare the motor drives project plan and obtain management approval of the project plan.
- Responsible for day to day project development management and execution of project deliverables in accordance to each project stage.
- Assure that all team members (Hardware/Software) understand their roles and accept their responsibilities.
- Analyze risk and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track and report on progress to plan.
- Analyze the actual performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Ensures deadlines are met by participating in effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and delegating assignments to project team members and following up on their individual progress.
- Conducts regular project status/quality meetings and reports (dashboard). Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies.
- Assure timely adaptive action is taken.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinate in collaboration between software and hardware within the project team and technical decisions.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project team.
- Lead and ensure delivery of all project related documentation according to the project RACI matrix.
- Responsible for clear communication of assembly and project status, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to the Engineering Managers, Design Manager, and Category Lead.
- Review all relevant status prior to project transfer to ensure engineering and timing risks are identified at the point of transfer & create motor drives project schedule and review the progress from time to time to make sure meeting of target milestone.
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines, review and tracking activities against plan.
- Be accountable for the completion of all analysis work on production data from the motor and product manufacturing facilities to identify drift, issues, non-compliance, and opportunities for process improvement and optimization both on an on-going basis and where specific issues arise.
- Be able to lead the successful completion of GR&R tests to validate the correct functioning of equipment within the given specification.
- Generate high-quality test reports with all data and findings from all work undertaken.
- Working with the Dyson Operations teams and your direct counterparts in our Advanced Manufacturing facility on trouble-shooting of complex production end-of-line test, tune and product calibration systems for existing motor or product projects.
- Be able to apply your skills to other areas of work and tasks within the business as may be required of you on occasion for the benefit of the wider team. This could include but is not limited to, supplier liaison for issue resolution or audit, engineering design work, test rig building, and production equipment commissioning.
- Assist and participate in the local meetings authorized by superior and report the progress of the meeting.
These skills are desirable but not essential
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing environments and on-line measurement of system performance.
- Formal Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma qualification.
- Proficient use of data analysis tools such as Minitab or JMP.
- Be proficient in the use of LabView to be able to maintain existing and create new programs.
- Have working knowledge of a range of hardware development platforms including National Instruments, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Experience of interaction and collaboration with a team of engineers.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of electromagnetic machine operation particularly single and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- An appreciation of motor control techniques for low and high speed, single- phase and multi-phase permanent magnet motors, power electronics, battery management, analogue, digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (i.e. magnetic, optics, etc.).
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.