- Operational Engineering
- China - Shenzhen Remote
This is a unique opportunity to show your strong engineering leadership skills at the organizational level by working closely with external test development suppliers and RDD product development team in forming the system architectural vision of manufacturing testing system. This role is ideal for a manufacturing test system engineer who will bring in a strong technical foundation and with great engineering practices, and who is looking for an opportunity to participate more in the end-to-end business decision-making process, with its broader scope and vision.The candidate will be tasked to derive the system architectural design for a manufacturing test system intended for engineering and high-volume production. He or she will be involved in the system architecture design of manufacturing test system and integration of test system into production line either in semi-automated or fully automated setup.
1. Generate manufacturing test equipment specification involving test methods, lean test strategy, electronic signal interfacing, instrumentation integration and test flowdiagram.
2. Work closely with product design team on manufacturing test requirement and specification and liaise with the external test equipment suppliers for test system development.
3. Review supplier’s technical proposal and optimizing it into full scale for high
durability. Involve at concept and detail design of a manufacturing test equipment with clear understanding of test system architecture design, block diagram, wiring schematic,and system integration.
4. Work on lean manufacturing test strategy compatible with business needs and bringing value to the manufacturing test process.
5. Drive engineering deliverables with great sense of urgency on any productivity issues related to the test and measurement system with the support of the respective cross functional teams internally and externally.
6. Optimise manufacturing test cycle time by streamline manufacturing test script and simplicity of test and measurement design.
7. Driving continuous improvement plan using statistical tools such as CpK analysis to optimize manufacturing test limits.
8. Research and recommend new technologies to improve tester efficiency and
9. Work with project management team to deliver test equipment on time and reliably.
10. Work with cross functional RDD, QA, Operation, project management in problem solving related to manufacturing test and measurement system.
Qualifying and commissioning manufacturing test system by using Gauge R&R and or Gauge1.
11. Collaborate with RDD in the early phase of product development and test strategy development.
1. Candidates must possess at a bachelor’s degree in either Electronics or Mechatronic
2. Engineering with at least 10 years of working experience in electronics
manufacturing assembly environment (PCBA and Final Product Manufacturing) with great knowledge and understanding of manufacturing test and measurement system.
3. Good knowledge in PCBA and Electronics circuitry designs. Able to read and
interpret electronics schematics involving rechargeable battery management system,sensors technologies, wireless connectivity and switch mode power management system. Sound knowledge in pcba design and manufacturing processes.
4. Proficiency in NI Test stand, LabVIEW and Python programming with the ability to review and optimize coding with external test suppliers.
5. Good understanding on manufacturing test firmware requirement and development for test and measurement system with various type of microcontrollers. Understand the integration of product software with test and measurement system.
6. Good knowledge and experience in test process, equipments, and jigs/fixtures development for manufacturing test.
7. Good knowledge and experience on how various type of electronic instrumentation such as the AC/DC power supplies, electronic load, digital multi-meter, data acquisition system, data input/output interface, wireless routers, IT network infrastructure, imaging test system, high/low voltage test, and industrial barcode readers.
8. Good experience in the development and integration of software drivers and
computer hardware interfaces with various electronics instrumentation in order to test and verify product or subassembly unit under test.
9. Knowledgeable in computer hardware interfaces and internet data protocols system such as TCP/IP used to interconnect networks related products for data download and synchronization of manufacturing processes with the manufacturing execution system (MES).
10. Great engineering practices on subjects related to Dfx and process PFMEA.
11. Good command of English both written and spoken.
12. Strong team player and able to drive technical deliverables on manufacturing test & measurement system and able to highlight technical risk and mitigation.
13. Knowledgeable in statistical process control (SPC) and data analysis for test optimization.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.