- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviors.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products
About the role
As part of the energy storage development team, you will develop advanced cell chemistry platforms by design and evaluation of electrolyte systems in full-form factor cell. You will need to explore promising electrolyte components from different aspects to meet performance requirement and process feasibility. You will also collaborate with internal functional teams, external relations and conduct be effective in discussions across a range of technical disciples to succeed in this project.
- Build an electrolyte development plan aligned with project goal and timeline based on essential deliverables by milestone.
- Execute DoE plan to bring promising electrolyte candidates and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment of their potentials.
- Utilize and invent effective methodologies for results analysis with high efficiency to accelerate project progress.
- Analyse and break down the cell requirement into electrolyte level condition and determine importance of multiple factors/parameters through experimental proven work.
- Come up with technical solution in electrolyte formulation to promise certain cell chemistry achieves performance targets.
- Collaborate with multi-functional internal stake holders and external relations in all aspects of new cell platform development.
- Adhere to milestone timeline to ensure project deliveries on time and under budget.
Experience / Requirements:
- 5+ years industrial experience engaged to material development of energy storage such as material evaluation and implantation, supplier audit and PPAP or directly hired by material manufacturer.
- Deep understanding of combining between organic chemistry and electrochemistry, hands on experience in electrolyte validation and molecular DFT calculation a strong plus
- Demonstrated expertise in developing electrolyte solutions to enable cell chemistry and industrial cell production using new cell platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skill using DoE approaches to interpret electrolyte and cell performance relationships, experimental methodology, data analysis.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Degree/Master’s level (scientific/engineering based)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.