- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
About the role
- Responsible for the design and development of the firmware and platform of intelligent edge devices for application development and facilitate mass production.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including hardware abstraction layer discussion, manufacturing test/verification methodology, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Involve/Lead software safety plan, safety case, guidelines, templates and conduct confirmation review for safety critical software components.
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering Applied Mathematics, Robotics Engineering or similar.
- 1+ year of experience in board bring up, embedded system development and embedded Linux kernel/driver porting for system integration.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA
- Experience in sensors/camera/BT/Wifi modules integration and calibration is a plus.
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems)
- Familiar with both C/C++, STL, C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- Good command of object-oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with C/C++.
- Proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline setup is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Linux tool-chain, Yocto build system, version control tool (git), configuration, etc. is preferred
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.