- Design and Development
- Poland - Krakow Office
We own and develop the Dyson Link Smart home app, which is at the forefront of Dyson's IoT experience. We are proud of what we have built so far; we have an App Store and Google Play rating of 4.5 and 4.3 stars respectively, we have more than 1 million active users worldwide and our IoT platform has over 4 million connected Dyson machines. We have huge ambition to grow this platform and as we connect more machines from more categories the challenge is significant.
We have App teams located across the UK, Singapore and Poland. We all come from a variety of educational backgrounds and experience levels; not all of us are computer science graduates. We believe that teams composed of people from diverse backgrounds are more successful and innovative.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using Scrum or Kanban frameworks, each honing their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing. We all share a commitment to creating high-quality code, and engineers choose to follow practices such as pair programming, mobbing, and test-driven development.
We also regularly share our knowledge and interests peer-to-peer through ‘community meetings’, which have led to the adoption of new technologies and improved cross-team collaboration.
Besides being software professionals, we are also people who enjoy playing online or board games, heading out to lunchtime yoga classes, recording our latest run on Strava or just catching up over coffee.
About the Role
The Mobile Platform Engineer is responsible for writing documentation and solutions that scale across multiple teams and can identify, design, and build automated solutions to existing manual processes. You'll function within a highly collaborative global team responsible for the Dyson superapp, which delivers multiple functions for numerous products across a broad range of categories. There's never a dull moment and you'll aways be at the forefront of your craft!
Here are some things you’ll get to do:
- Configuration: generate scripts to change Version, bundle, app id, base URL changes, provision profile changes, keystores changes, API key changes, creating targets, creating flavours
- Create & Manage Continuous Integration: Using Bamboo and Bitrise
- Enhance and Monitor CI/CD workflows and ensure smooth and error-free environments which stay within our KPIs for duration, queue time and stability, developer productivity, deployment time
- Reporting on our KPIs
- Be the point person for any questions and concerns regarding the CI/CD flow and build requests
- Working with our CI tools vendors to address any issues in their service
- Monitor and troubleshoot any CI issues
- Configuration of SonarQube
- Enhance Android and iOS App store release process moving us from a manual to fully automated process
As a passionate and self-motivated Mobile Platform Engineer you will be comfortable enhancing an existing CI pipeline of iOS and Android builds, Unit Tests and UI Tests and implementing an automated release process. The Mobile Platform Engineer is responsible for writing documentation and solutions that scale across multiple teams and can identify, design and build automated solutions to existing manual processes.
What we'd like from you:
- Expertise in implementing CI/CD pipelines for native mobile Apps
- Experience with tools like Fastlane or Gradle
- Experience with Bitrise or similar
- Preferably experience with Docker or similar container technologies
- Experience sharding / parallelisation on Mobile UI Tests
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with build systems for both iOS and Android
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.