- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Power Systems is a global function that designs and develops Dyson’s internal technologies that enable most of our products. The team has experts in wide range of areas such as electromagnetic, mechanical, electrical, control algorithm, software, and project management. Motor Drives and Advanced Control (MDAC) within Power Systems is responsible for the motor control, electromagnetic design, system control, EOL production solution, software, and verifications. With over 100 experts globally, our team works from early development through to the production of our designs.
About the role
He/she will be applying his/her skills and experience in Leadership, Electrical Machines Design, Modelling and Simulation, and Power Electronics to deliver Motor Drives solution to our next generation Dyson technologies and products. You will be working as part of larger project team and some of your tasks could include:
- Lead and manage group of engineers to plan and deliver from design phase until industrialising phase.
- Translate specifications into design requirements with clear deliverables at each stage of the project milestones.
- Simulate and test motor controls and electromagnetic designs.
- Design, develop, and implementation of motor control algorithm.
- Review design documents and the technical readiness.
- Support design, commissioning and troubleshooting of complex production testers.
- Work with cross teams and external for engineering design work.
- Degree in engineering or numerate discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing motor control algorithm and electromagnetic part of single phase or three phase motor; and 3 years in project leadership.
- Has knowledge of wide range of aspects in electrical machine, motor control, power electronics, and analog-digital sensing technologies.
- Has motor control simulation skill with MATLAB SIMULINK, SPICE tools, and or code generation tools such as embedded coder.
- Has knowledge in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of electrical machine.
- Has statistical analysis skills on data from both experiment and production test log.
- People leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to be able to form a bridge between multiple function teams.
- Able to clearly report progress in meetings together with producing a high standard of documentation.
- Experience of planning, managing obstacles, and developing within an Agile framework.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.