- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Power Electronics and Energy Storage group.
The Power Electronics and Energy Storage group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the revolutionary Dyson hair care range. Dyson battery management systems provide the high power energy sources required to power the category leading cord free and robot products. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA.
About the role
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements.
- Develop, test and document designs using best engineering practice.
- Take an active approach in the generation of ideas.
- Communicate with other teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline.
- More than 5 years working experience in Electronic design industry or similar environment.
- Experience in the design and development of motor drives, inverters, SMPS, and power electronics products.
- Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in people management or technical mentorship.
- Able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Experience with circuit simulation and analysis.
- Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools.
- Able to understand Schematic diagrams and PCB layout.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.