- Design and Development
- Mexico - Country Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Mexico in 2018 as our first step in to Latin America. Our Mexico office is located in the Polanco area of Mexico City and our expanding team is a key contributor in helping us deliver growth throughout the market.
About the role:
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Leading the delivery of all graphics and packaging (G&P) requirements compliant to design specifications for contract manufacturers based in Mexico.
- Ensuring that part, sub-assembly and finished goods approval for new graphics and packaging developments are completed according to Dyson’s defined and agreed requirements.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on subject matter and providing support to the CM & Dyson teams relating to print and packaging processes, scheduling and standard operating procedures
- Documenting, sharing and implementing new/known best practices and methodologies across MX involving internal or external functions.
- Collaborating across internal functions including UK & SEA G&P, Design, Operations, Procurement and Quality and contributing necessary or valuable information to the team.
- Proactively coordinating with CM’s, suppliers and technical specialists, leading the discussion concerning part development and delivery using approved materials and technology.
- Handling multiple priorities and having the capability to delegate tasks, manage escalations to specific support groups regarding day-to-day activities and some issue resolution.
- Supporting parts localization initiatives by evaluating, training and qualifying new vendors to prevent supply risk and to improve timing and cost.
- Managing day-day performance at contract manufacturers in Mexico through continuous monitoring of G&P parts related to compliance to Dyson specification & methodologies.
- Performing G&P sample reviews and approval sign-offs and container audits (i.e., tampo, printed graphics, inserts, boxes and finished goods).
- Conducting G&P production line buy-offs/audits (i.e.. engineering, production runs) at contract manufacturers and implementing relevant changes in process and work instructions. Collaborating closely with design, manufacturing, and quality teams to align recommendations.
- Reviewing or initiating and monitoring engineering changes relevant to graphic and packaging up-issue/new parts be it an improvement, design change or alternative suppliers.
- Managing multiple NPD projects in different categories from a G&P perspective, supporting Dyson objectives and lead-times.
- Communicating to mixed audiences the opportunities and limitations of all aspects of G&P in the context of NPD projects.
- Acting as a G&P project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitating information validation and team decision-making processes. If needed, seek advice from Manager in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Developing and/or adhering to standards, legal, technical and regulatory compliance. Reviewing graphics content on engineering samples.
- Supporting Global G&P productivity initiatives and leading the implementation of same in Mexico
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Packaging Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of project management experience, demonstrating ability to manage and prioritize an activity specifically related to print and packaging developments/execution.
- Hands-on experience of print and packaging development and testing ideally related to consumer products such as domestic appliances.
- Strong presentation and analytical skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group team meetings.
- Strong background in problem solving skills and analysis.
- Excellent project management, time management and multitasking skills are a must along with the ability to work both independently and in a diverse work group.
- Strong background in the developments of graphics, color management, packaging structures, printing and converting processes.
- Third party suppliers and specifications management skills
- Knowledge in New Product Introduction (NPI) or Research & Development (R&D) is an advantage.
- Proficiency with industry standard soft-ware Product Lifecycle Management, CAD design and MS office.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to inspire and motivate within a diverse organization.
- Proactive with a keen sense of detail
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel at short notice between contract manufacturers within Mexico
MX-FT Benefits Package
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.