- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with exciting new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re continuing to grow and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more innovative technology.
About the role
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson product development. Our team is a blend of commercial and engineering skills and we work very closely with our colleagues in NPI, Research and Engineering. Our role is to support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies for new technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Operations & Procurement Team, we lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all product categories for the newest technologies and early supplier engagement. We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI from the very start of the product development process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Manage Procurement Engineering engagement with Research & NPI teams on new technologies within , particularly , across all product categories
- Lead Procurement Engineering initiatives to source high quality parts, or sub-assemblies, that meet all performance, functional and commercial requirements
- Work within RDD teams to create, develop and integrate new power technologies and comprehensive supplier strategies into product category & research projects
- Apply established methodologies, best practice and good discipline to deliver robust commercial and engineering solutions in an agreed timeframe
- Is a champion for our direct team, the Electro-Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner
- Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate activities with all relevant teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Carry out the necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers
You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments. You will need good commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills; these will be key for the role. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable.
- Degree in relevant engineering Mechanical/electrical engineering degree or commercial discipline with demonstrable work experience in these areas
- Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to productionisation, preferably with a background in battery cell sourcing or development
- A good understanding of power storage commodities is highly desirable electrical assemblies and mechanical design, allowing you to engage on and scrutinise upstream design decisions in this commodity area
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple stakeholders across the different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive Procurement Engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Experience in a consumer electronics engineering environment would be beneficial, especially those that are cordless/wireless
- Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI is highly desirable
- Awareness of power storage technologies and how they, and their systems, work would be beneficial
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.