- Operational Engineering
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people
About the role
- Responsible to manage Rating Plate requirements - this includes controlled equipment /materials, for example the label materials and thermal ink to be used, as well as elements within the design of the rating plates, for example managing formats of the product serial numbers, product-specific QR codes, country of origin statement etc.
- He/she has to work alongside Engineering, Compliance, Manufacturing, Customs, Aftersales, local Market teams and other related functions to agree and maintain the best practices - this includes cross-functional alignment, documentation and roll-out to the Engineering team.
- Responsible to manage the Rating Plate master artwork templates - this includes to design the layout of the Rating Plates using softwares for the Engineering team, for example for the finished goods and assemblies.
- Responsible to manage ways of working between the teams for effective Rating Plate management process from Requirement, Design and Creation, Verification, Approval, Release, Implement, Sustain (including ways of working at the markets) and Retire - this includes driving cross-functional alignment, documentation/establishment of the best practices and roll-out to strive for efficient process as a continuous improvement process.
- Experienced in background of requirements and fundamentals of a design of a Rating Plate.
- Experienced in managing product serial numbers and product-level QR codes.
- Having knowledge in application of product serial numbers in the Aftersales and Market world.
- Experinced in collaborating with stakeholders to improve Rating Plate management processes.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good communication skill.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proven structured approach to creative problem solving
- Self starter, energetic, keen to learn.
- Flexible in approach.
- Diligent, thorough, realistic
- Engineering Degree holder
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.