- Competitive + relocation allowance (if eligible)
- Data Science
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Dyson has a strong and influential Quality, Safety and Sustainability business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Design, Development, Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch. This role is to join the New Product Satisfaction team, driving consumer satisfaction on a number of varied projects in development.
About the roleIn the New Product Satisfaction team we put the user and product at the centre of what we do working collaboratively with Research and NPI teams at the earliest stages of development of Dyson’s future disruptive innovations. We gather and analyse consumer and product insight to support the development of product attributes and targets before validating these through trialling ahead of product launches. We then monitor and assess the satisfaction performance of products, feeding back into future projects.
- Lead early stage development of attributes and/ user needs work with Research, NPI and Strategy.
- Provide recommendations during the early development of customer requirements and product targets through detailed analysis of consumer/ and product insight.
- Measure and review product adherence to these requirements using established Dyson methodology, insight techniques and disciplines to deliver quality across product satisfaction
- Identify risks and issues to product satisfaction, communicate those risks to the project engineering teams and to senior stakeholders, and design plans to measure or mitigate those risks.
- Design and manage global product trials to determine user perception of Dyson products throughout their development.
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects
- Take Responsibility for day to day operational management of a small team, ensuring quality of work and delivery of objectives
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas/problem solving - present ideas and concepts to senior management
- Work across Dyson teams to create a user focused culture in everything we do
- Use multiple online data sources including written reviews, vlogs and social media content to provide insight on Dyson & Competitor products post launch.
- Be responsible for ensuring readiness of customer satisfaction deliverables for project phase reviews and milestones across an entire category
- Support the maintenance and development of the Global Quality Trials and Insights Community and manage the selection and recruitment of participants for trials, surveys and studies across the business.
- Proven experience industry experience with degree qualification. Relevant industry experience but no formal qualification also considered.
- Experience designing a user trial or study to meet given objectives
- Experience supporting the translation of the voice of the customer into Engineering targets during product development
- Demonstratable experience of using a variety of methods and techniques to gather information
- Knowledge of question and survey writing
- Inquisitive and able to spot links and trends in data streams
- Advantageous to have strong numeric and statistical analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to interpret information and convert key findings into meaningful business recommendations
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence discussions and outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent presentational skills and the confidence to present to senior managers
- Excellent prioritisation skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in the most constructive way
- Able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business
- Adaptable, flexible, willing and able to pick things up quickl
- Experience in managing an online community,
- Ability to interview and or moderate 1:1 or focus groups.
- Experience with setting up and running multi-market projects.
- Familiarity with Tableau, survey software, and advanced Excel skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.