- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. We’re a large global team, working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business to create communications that are effective and reflect our pioneering approach. Everything from multi-channel campaigns to ground-breaking films and imagery.
Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We’re constantly refining and redefining our global marketing strategies and campaigns to create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
We do not offer hybrid/remote working with this position.
About the role
As our Lead Product Owner, reporting into the Head of Dyson.com and working out of our Bristol office, you will play an important role in achieving Dyson’s core business ambitions of selling directly to our consumers. You will oversee the enhancement of exciting new features across dyson.com, making sure Dyson customers and Owners are always at the centre of everything we do. You will be on point to ensure the product is developed to the right level of quality and pace.
You will Lead the Product Owner team across our biggest dyson.com markets and become the go-to Product Owner for delivery across the platform. You will be responsible for ensuring Product Owners are central in the day-to-day cadence of sprint planning, prioritisation and stand ups ensuring work is well managed, communicated and understood by our stakeholder community. You will ensure that all product verticals have a prioritised and well-groomed backlog and that work flows through each part of the development lifecycle seamlessly, and that there is adequate resource throughout the end to end delivery. You will ensure any defects are triaged and prioritised by the Product Owner team.
Working closely with Programme Management, you will be the lead across quarterly planning workshops to forward plan sprints, making sure the master backlog is delivered as prioritised.
You will work closely with the Head of Direct Product to create a product vision and roadmap for dyson.com, closely aligned to our blueprint ambitions, making sure that the product vision is well communicated; with clear criteria for getting new demand onto the roadmap understood across the business. Working with the Product Owners and Product Analysts you will make sure business benefits are well defined and challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Using your experience, you will work closely with our delivery partners (including Group IT, Creative/UX, third party system integrators) to improve ways of working to drive quality and pace of delivery. You will attend and support various governance forums to ensure the Direct Product Owner team are well represented and our objectives are clearly understood. You will ensure there is good visibility and tracking of sprint velocity - holding third parties to account where velocity drops below acceptable tolerances.
You will oversee a communication strategy to manage the wider stakeholder community; ensuring each vertical Product Owner understands its community and has an appropriate level of communication to keep stakeholders well informed on the status of work and the benefits of each release, through release notes and regular showcases.
- An experienced Lead Product Owner / Product Manager / Head of Product with a broad knowledge of building and trading eCommerce websites
- Experience of leading large product teams and backlogs to deliver commercial results in a consumer facing retail, services, and/or ecommerce environment
- A detailed understanding of how customers engage and interact online and across channels
- Experience working in agile scrum
- A positive and impactful communicator, with both technical and non-technical teams
- Pragmatic, fast-paced, customer focussed, excellent commercial acumen, comfortable with basic analytics
- Passionate about the web, technology and customer experience
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site sandwiches
- Free digital lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.