- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleAs the Lead Product Owner, you will play an important role in achieving Dyson’s core business ambitions of selling directly to consumers. You will oversee the enhancement of exciting new features across dyson.com, making sure Dyson customers and Owners are always at the centre of everything we do. You will be on point to ensure the product is developed to the right level of quality and pace.
This role requires an experienced Lead Product Owner with a broad and deep knowledge of building and trading eCommerce websites.
You will Lead the Product Owner team across our biggest dyson.com markets and become the go-to Product Owner for delivery across the platform. You will be responsible for ensuring Product Owners are central in the day-to-day cadence of sprint planning, prioritisation and stand ups ensuring work is well managed, communicated and understood by our stakeholder community.
You will ensure that all product verticals have a prioritised and well-groomed backlog and that work flows through each part of the development lifecycle seamlessly and there is adequate resource throughout the end to end delivery. Ensure any defects are triaged and prioritised by the Product Owner team.
Working closely with Programme Management, you will be the lead across quarterly planning workshops to forward plan sprints, making sure the master backlog is delivered as prioritised.
You work closely with the Head of Direct Product to create a product vision and roadmap for dyson.com, closely aligned to our blueprint ambitions. You will make sure the product vision is well communicated; with clear criteria for getting new demand onto the roadmap understood across the business. Working with the Product Owners and Product Analysts you will make sure business benefits are well defined and challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Governance and operations
Using your experience, you will work closely with our delivery partners (including Group IT, Creative/UX, third party system integrators) to improve ways of working to drive quality and pace of delivery. You will attend and support various governance forums to ensure the Direct Product Owner team are well represented and our objectives are clearly understood. You will ensure there is good visibility and tracking of sprint velocity - holding third parties to account where velocity drops below acceptable tolerances.
You will oversee a communication strategy to manage the wider stakeholder community; ensuring each vertical Product Owner understands its community and has an appropriate level of communication to keep stakeholders well informed on the status of work and the benefits of each release through release notes and regular showcases.
- Existing Lead Product Owner/Senior Product Manager/Head of Product with experience of leading large product teams and backlogs to deliver commercial results in a consumer facing retail, services, and/or ecommerce environment.
- Extensive experience of working in agile scrum.
- Comfortable speaking to technical and non-technical teams.
- A positive and impactful communicator.
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of how customers engage and interact online and across channels.
- Customer-focused: able to view problems and solutions through customer needs, journeys and data to then shape the technology solution.
- Excellent commercial acumen, comfortable with numbers and basic analytics.
- A proven ability to balance and champion business, brand and customer needs.
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams.
- And, be super passionate about the web, technology and customer experience.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
This is a fixed term contract for c.14 months (mid December until Jan 2022)
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.