- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Five years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of health and personal care with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer and since then bringing new pioneering Personal Care machines to market through Dyson Airwrap and Dyson Coralle.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
About the roleThe role is assigned to our owned channels, specifically Social platforms and the individual will be responsible for leading our Social commerce programme and developing a backlog for each of Dyson’s social products. They will be responsible for the targets on each social platform from a revenue and loyalty perspective. The candidate must have knowledge of social capabilities to drive engagement and sales. The Lead Product Owner will unlock the value through the addition of new data-driven capabilities, with a drive towards achieving successful social commerce at scale. The lead Product Owner must also have line management experience, as they will be managing two additional product owners and need to support a OE transformational programme with the onboarding of salesforce and drive through new omni-channel experiences to drive revenue and loyalty.
You’ll shape requirements, prioritise backlogs, be responsible for revenue and targets associated with all our owned platforms, sign off user stories and acceptance criteria, communicate with key stakeholders and work day-to-day with the project team:
- Manage all other product owners within the OE product owner team, initially with 2 heads and bring on an expanding team in the future. This will include task management and day to day support across both our OE digital transformation programme (salesforce integration) as well as the omni-channel experience backlog working closely with your IT headcount (including devs to enable).
- The role is to lead the social commerce rollout from a technology perspective, they are responsible for the targets and revenue against every social platforms from a direct perspective working closely with markets.
- The role will also define the experience across all our social platforms and supporting guidelines for each social channel for the markets to execute and drive revenue and loyalty.
- The role will be responsible for owning the commercial OE backlog for the Link App, through the creation of new epics, defining the benefit drivers and executing, tracking success of their changes.
- Create a backlog of requirements to deliver against an ongoing roadmap of new omni-channel capabilities and enhancements that improve the owner experience (supporting NPS growth) and align with key business goals (supporting Direct business growth & retention)
- Own our Owned social commerce products directly, along with targets, including Youtube shopping, Instagram shopping, Pinterest shopping, Facebook shopping globally, Tiktok shopping.
- Be the point of demand and requirement gathering from Markets and Group OE and Categories for social commerce
- Work with the Owner Experience Product Director to define the delivery roadmap, business value and prioritise the backlog to ensure we are able to deliver within our global timeframes
- Collaborate effectively across the wider delivery & project teams; build strong relationships with IT, delivery partners, PMs, cross-functional POs, SMEs and markets
- Maintain a vision each social platform, with compelling benefits and communicate that vision to the scrum team and wider stakeholders
- Ownership of achieving overall social targets
- Create the full product backlog and ensure all business requirements are met within the User Stories and Epics
- Be key in building social targets working with the markets, to share the latest data on a fortnightly basis
- Provide reporting to key team members and senior stakeholders across all of the backlog and project deliverables
- Ensure the sprint is protected once sprint goals have been defined and the sprint has started
- Regularly evaluate/appraise benefits realisation and use to refine overall roadmap & delivery plans
- (Preferred) Experience in driving social commerce, including Sprinklr, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and more emerging social channels .
- (Preferred) Experience in partnering with social vendors to achieve social calendar live shopping events
- Customer-centric drive, a curious mind-set, with a focus on the use of high quality data & insight to fuel decision making
- The energy and determination to work cross-functionally, at pace, across diverse global teams to cultivate productive, mutually beneficial working relationships
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, agile scrum
- Experience of back and front office applications with understanding of business process management
- Experience of working with APIs/integrations and customer data assets
- A positive and impactful communicator
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent commercial acumen, comfortable with numbers and analytics
- A proven ability to balance and champion business, brand and customer needs
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.