Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
At Dyson we’re obsessed with continuously making things better, pushing the boundaries of what others have defined as impossible. We do this by making products that solve real world problems using both novel and established technologies, in new and innovative ways
About the role
We are looking for a talented Robotics Test Engineer to join our Global Product Verification and Test Team as a Lead Product Verification Engineer, to support the testing and verification of our new robotics products.
Our Verification Leads are responsible for development of the verification strategy (outline test methods, test facilities and align to product requirements) as well as reporting on test readiness, test results and product technical risks for new and complex projects.
As part of the Global Product Verification and Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we verify and validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition. You will combine a solid technical background with the ability to function well in a progressive, agile and multi-disciplinary hardware and software R&D environment.
You will work from the very early stages of a project, taking responsibility of leading verification activities when the technologies leave the research stage, developing them to a feasible solution and then supporting our South-East Asian counterparts to take the design through to production.
What you will do:
* You will be aligning on the product requirements with mechanical design, electronics software, hardware, system, app and cloud teams and responsible for the verification of the analog, digital, and embedded sub-systems for products. This will require close cooperation with the Research and New Product Innovation, New Product Design and integration teams. You will work at the integrated circuit and product systems level.
* You will become the Verification Lead in Dyson product performance, behaviour, usability and robustness testing for robotics, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards.
* You will liaise with research, project and marketing teams to define the verification strategy for new products and review new and existing verification capabilities or methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
* You will work with test engineers and technicians in UK and SEA test facilities to prioritise and plan development of performance and robustness test method processes & equipment.
* You will review and present test results (including statistical techniques where appropriate), conclusions to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal teams.
* You should have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
* You have people and project management experience and excellent organisational skills: you are able to plan ahead, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate the work of others.
* You are experienced with power supplies, cameras, mixed signal, analog front-ends, FPGAs, sensors, RF, and high-speed electrical signal characterization.
* You know how to define system and functional system requirements, how to do requirements flow down. You have experience with FMEA, FTA and reliability analyses.
* You worked with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodologies before and you had exposure to test automation.
* You understand principles of simulations, you have experience in applying software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop methodologies.
* You have people management experience and excellent organisational skills: you are able to plan ahead, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate the work of others.
* Your communication and presentation skills are exceptional: you are able to translate and communicate complex technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
* Finally, yet importantly, you also should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems that have not been solved at scale before.
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us