- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Description – Job Overview
Project Verification Lead are responsible for development of the verification strategy (outline test methods, test facilities and align to product requirements) as well as reporting out on test readiness, test results and product technical risks on new and complex projects.
As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we verify new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and achieve performance and satisfaction targets.
- You will lead new key and complex product development projects in terms of performance and robustness verification testing for Floor Care, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards.
- You will liaise with research, design and marketing teams to identify and develop the verification strategy for new products and review new and existing methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
- You will work with test engineers and technicians in UK and South-East Asian test facilities to priorities and plan development of performance and robustness test method processes & equipment.
- You will review and present test results (including statistical techniques where appropriate), conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal team.
- You will review and align requirements for product development working with design and technology teams.
- You will lead process improvement projects on verification strategy and maturity. You will need to be a subject matter expert in verification process.
- You will lead the product verification engineers and review verification plans and risks. You would be able to mentor verification engineers to lead projects.
- You should have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field or equivalent experience.
- You know how to define system and functional system requirements, how to do requirements flow down. You have understanding of Systems Engineering and application of Systems Thinking to the design and introduction of new systems.
- You have 8 or more years’ experience with FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), statistical and reliability analyses.
- You worked in verification and testing environment. Experience in conducting testing, test method development and you had exposure to test rigs / automation.
- You have 8 or more years’ experience in leading projects and have excellent organizational skills: you are able to plan ahead, to priorities tasks and to co-ordinate the work with others
- Your communication and presentation skills are exceptional: you are able to translate and communicate complex technical information (example: lead technical reviews presentations) to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
- Finally yet importantly, you also should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.