- Project Management
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the roleWe are looking for a talented Lead Project Manager to join Dyson’s Design and Product Experience team. This exciting position will be based in the UK spanning a number of design disciplines working both in the UK and Singapore. The Programme Management and this unique role have good visibility across all Dyson categories and end-to-end of the project lifecycle.
he role of Lead Project Manager interfaces with many stakeholders and functions across the business, spanning many functions from NPI and Research into NPD, commercial and our South East Asia teams.
As a Lead Project Manager at Dyson, you will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and gain a sufficient level of understanding of the development to be able to communicate the projects status to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm when required.
- You will work across all disciplines of design to ensure deliverables are planned to meet project delivery and that these also align to the wider business strategy. Our briefs can often be loose and changeable, so you must be comfortable in a fast moving, ambiguous environment. Skills in managing a dynamic environment will be critical to the role.
- Management and integration of multi-discipline team plans to deliver projects to required SOP and Launch dates.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans.
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Experience of working in creative teams
- Degree or equivalent
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering and design processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably the Atlassian suite.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.