- Project Management
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Programme Management team and this role have a high level of visibility, benefiting from a close relationship with the EC,P&L Senior Leadership team, which enables them to deliver, alongside the hugely talented team of engineers and scientists.
About the roleThe role of Senior Project Manager interfaces with many stakeholders and functions across the business, spanning many functions from NPI and Research into Commercial, Operations, Quality and Finance.
Responsibilities:As a Senior Project Manager at Dyson, you will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and gain a sufficient level of understanding of the development to be able to communicate the projects status to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm when required.
You will work across all disciplines of design, research, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing to ensure an integrated project delivery strategy aligns to the wider business strategy. Our briefs can often be loose and changeable, so you must be comfortable in a fast moving, ambiguous environment. Skills in managing a dynamic environment will be critical to the role.
- Management and integration of multiple cross functional teams to deliver projects to required SOP and Launch dates.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and work with Finance for overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximise the performance of new products
- Manage multiple stakeholders expectations across all categories from early stage to launch.
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- First/2:1 Degree or equivalent
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Experience of working in creative teams
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.