- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way. At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great, and our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reducing our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards. It started with the vacuum bag or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we're constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
We’re looking for a Lead Project Manager to join the Sustainability team. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering global sustainability partnerships and initiatives across Dyson people, owners, communities and the Dyson supply chain. You will be an internal and external vocal advocate towards supporting Dyson on its best in class journey towards environmental and social stewardship and sustainability.
Reporting into our Head of Sustainability Social Impact, as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team this role will be based in our Technology campus, in Malmesbury. Please note, this is a 12 month maternity cover
About the role
Dyson people are our greatest resource and they have made clear the desire to be part of advancing Dyson’s sustainability journey. Day to day, you will:
- Engage and advance Dyson’s global network of Sustainability Champions to lead and participate in sustainability initiatives. You will work closely with other Dyson teams to embed sustainability in the way Dyson works. Engaging internally to develop action and advocacy.
- You will initiate and lead new programs and initiatives that meet our sustainability and social impact objectives and advance our reputation as a leader in driving positive change. Activities are wide ranging, incorporating everything from identifying and advocating Dyson’s position on ethical testing in the development of new technologies through to the development of an education programme for workers in the Dyson supply chain.
- Track the Social Impact team’s progress against Dyson’s Sustainability Blueprint and monitor Dyson People’s engagement through the Pulse Surveys.
- Identify and manage sustainability partnerships – both in the UK and internationally. You will be responsible for developing partnerships with NGOs, charities and other organisations that align with Dyson’s Social Impact ambitions. The partnerships may be a vehicle for the employee volunteering programme or otherwise be part of the way Dyson and Dyson people give back to society.
- Spearhead the development of Dyson’s Global employee volunteering approach
- Develop and deliver strategic programmes to promote and enhance employee and stakeholder Sustainability engagement linked to Dyson's core values
- Progress reporting through program governance and KPIs & Support Sustainability information management across the business
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regulations, developing internal positions and policies where appropriate
- Independently lead high profile projects from incubation to launch with internal teams
- Collaborate across Dyson’s Sustainability and other teams to align on design, planning and execution of social impact projects
- Challenge concepts and approaches in order to achieve the optimum programs within the boundaries of time, specification and cost
- Develop partnerships:
- Form relationships with external partner groups, including NGOs, academia and industry associations to cultivate advocacy project/campaign management
- Build innovative partnerships with NGOs, charities, other leading companies and organisations in the CSR space
- Build Dyson’s Sustainability Champions network and Forward Dyson - Lead ongoing program communications with participants to maintain enthusiasm and drive participation levels
- Work alongside Dyson’s fledgling Sustainability Education Programme, identifying and developing suitable global partners to work with on inspiring, interactive and engaging programs and projects communicating Dyson’s approach to Sustainability and its ambitions
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Sustainability.
- Demonstrable experience of leading programs and wider-community sustainability, engineering or conservation projects.
- Great people skills and the ability to motivate and inspire. A passion for developing initiatives and community action across a variety of audiences.
- Someone who is commercially astute and collaborative by nature. An excellent teammate, thriving in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous results-oriented environment.
- A strong strategic thinker to bring a creative approach across the breadth of Dyson’s social impact activity
- Demonstrable experience within the Sustainability industry.
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Project management capabilities (i.e. leadership, senior stakeholder management and communication, risk management, issue resolution, budget tracking, benefits analysis, estimating and planning etc).
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, common sense and no embarrassment in asking supposedly 'silly' questions.
- Confidence; comfortable interacting with senior executives with well-reasoned analysis and education material.
- Assertiveness; readiness to challenge teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credibility; ability to demonstrate understanding of engineering/operational processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- The ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in a fast-paced and often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to degree level (scientific/engineering/education/Sustainability) or can demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience of managing large/complex projects.
- Experience of managing teams, mentoring, developing and coaching other professionals.
- Demonstrable continuing professional development.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.