- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
A Lead Project Manager is needed to join the high priority DDM technology programme and become a relevant single point of contact within Global Engineering and Operations and across category at a senior level in SEA.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management, you will lead and drive projects, influencing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers who are researching new technologies and components that will be an instrumental part of Dyson's next generation products.
About the Role
The role requires significant technical understanding with the incumbent needing to understand and communicate project status, risk and technical progress to senior management; whilst interacting with key stakeholders in the engineering, operations and quality teams as well as key suppliers.
- You'll communicate between teams within the research and development organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Lead communication with all stakeholders acting as a first point of contact for the project
- Responsible for defining the communications plan for each project to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed in an efficient manner.
- Ownership of the Project budget and CAPEX top level project requirements.
- Ownership of the level 0-2 plans and ensuring their delivery through prioritisation and escalation of unresolved conflicts.
- Set project direction and define the project team setup in conjunction with the engineering/technical leads detailing the makeup of the team to achieve the project.
- Ensuring the Project KPI reporting is kept up to date and reflects accurately the state of the project.
- Influence and lead on the use of development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution
- First Degree (Engineering preferable) or equivalent
- Formal Project Management training/ qualifications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
- 5-8 years' working experience, with a minimum of 3 years project management in a similar engineering high technology field demonstrating good knowledge of the complete project life cycle
- Outstanding project management capabilities and in depth knowledge of fundamental PM principles (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management) to apply them independently in complex situations
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Strong leadership skills; able to form complex and high performing teams quickly
- Effective manager of multicultural teams situated in different sites in different countries with a balanced hard and soft skill approach
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
- Commercially aware
- Excellent team-working skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.