- Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Working alongside the Senior Sustaining Engineering Manager, the Lead Project Manager will be working in the Floorcare Programme team embedded within Dyson’s wider product development organisation. Reporting into the Head of Programme, the role entails planning, prioritising, optimising, consolidating, managing and reporting the Sustaining work packages to deliver Category business objectives. The Lead Project Manager will work with multi-disciplinary teams in different international locations to deliver cost down, product and reliability improvement and supply assurance work packages for in-production products.
About the roleKey responsibilities:
- Work with Sustaining Managers to define and prioritise Current Support work packages based on benefit to the Category.
- Apply programme management principles to identify, plan, structure, optimise Current Support work packages
- Apply programme management principles to aggregate reporting, escalation and prioritisation.
- Co-lead delivery of more complex Current Support work packages with relevant Technical Lead and cross functional team.
- Apply core PM capability to identify and manage interdependencies between functional work packages and facilitate collaborative working between functional teams.
- Apply core PM capability to be the initiator and custodian of integrated schedule, risk, and change management to defined success criteria.
- Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of risks to success criteria at both a work package and aggregated Sustaining programme level.
- Coordinate and own Sustaining programme communications and reporting.
- Engage and inform key stakeholders outside of the project team in pursuit of the success criteria.
- Adherence to Dyson governance.
- Ability to apply project management capability in purposeful, flexible and innovative ways in response to a dynamic delivery environment.
- Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications (such as APMP) or Project Management degree.
- Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering or Science, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- 8+ years' experience of managing technical or manufacturing projects end to end.
- Candidates with project Life Cycle Management experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, notably Microsoft Project.
- Candidates with exposure to procurement, supply chain, tooling, build planning and marketing & sales preferred.
- Experience of managing people, mentoring, developing and coaching.
- Experience of line management responsibility is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Strong communicator; ability to listen, and convey multi-layered and facetted issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive for evidenced conclusions and close the loop of action taking.
- Adept at reporting and presenting status, risk and escalations clearly and concisely to a broad audience.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. leadership, senior stakeholder management and communication, risk management, issue resolution, budget tracking, benefits analysis, estimating and planning etc).
- Energy: enthusiasm, curiosity, self-starter, perseverance.
- Confident: comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels without diluting unfavourable news.
- Assertive: readiness to articulate and communicate appropriately towards issue resolution as required.
- Influential: ability to engage teams and individuals to deliver sustaining work packages based on business priorities.
- Credible: ability to demonstrate understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes in order to work with design teams and operations teams throughout the product development life cycle.
- Focus: The ability to multi-task and direct self effectively in a fast-paced and often high-pressure environment.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.