- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
JOB TITLE: Release Lead
REPORTING TO: Release and Environment Manager
DEPARTMENT: IT commercial, connectivity & B2B
DATE: April 2023
Working in a DevOps environment the Release Lead provides leadership in planning; scheduling, coordinating and approval management for all production releases in Group IT. Supporting all Dyson markets globally, they manage releases across the application, environments and quality gates e.g. Release Validation, CAB’s and technical cutover plans.
Key accountabilities are:
- Chair delivery meetings with the Development, DevOps, QA and Environment Management resources, ensuring all changes align to planned releases.
- Maintain and manage the release schedule and cadence for certain IT platforms.
- Provide high level governance of release track environments to make sure ‘route to live’ is always available.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business and 3rd parties involved.
- Work with test leads, delivery leads and Project managers to align projects and planned changes with scheduled releases.
- Schedule resources for live deployment activities including any 3rd parties.
- Liaise with Group IT CAB members to manage release content, ensuring dependencies and priorities are clearly understood and communicated appropriately to impacted stakeholders.
- Organize and host Go/No-go Meetings to make sure releases are fully signed off and can go into Production and are stable.
- Conduct release-related Post Implementation Reviews where rollbacks are required or where P1s or P2s occur caused by planned releases.
- Communicate outcomes of live deployments and implementation of new features/capabilities within IT platforms to the Business and 3rd parties involved.
- Provide an on-going assessment of release performance and apply continuous improvement action as necessary across the end-to-end release lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise on release management across Group IT and internal/external stakeholders.
- Apply release management principles and mentor staff across Group IT to continually improve the release management capability.
- Establish priorities (and lead without direct authority) to ensure the release management function will meet or exceed project and programme timescales.
- Identify, influence and lead the implementation of best practice initiatives that improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of the release management function.
- Provide open and honest feedback to peers and seniors that will constructively aid the achievement of release management and Group IT goals.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments and influence Group IT leadership on improvements for current and future ways of working.
Key skills required:
- Strong change and release management skills, in a continuous delivery environment.
- Ability to direct release management principles that meet the quality and timescale objectives for delivery into production.
- Excellent knowledge of risk management and risk mitigation.
- A proven background in release management, change management or service transition.
- Accredited professional e.g. iTIL or similar.
- Experience using the Atlassian suite.
Key experience required:
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring people in change or release management principles.
- Significant project lifecycle experience in multiple disciplines such as QA, business analysis, change management and project management.
- Experience with DevOps software development methodologies.
- Awareness through your eCommerce and/or CRM experience to one or more of the following – Adobe Experience Manager, Mulesoft, Hybris, Salesforce, SAP CRM
- Highly creative. Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts.
- Ability to anticipate change and adapt quickly.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Is able to consult & advise the client as well as ‘doing’.
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Open, honest and responsible.
- Team player.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.