- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional to join our finance team in the role of Lead Reporting Accountant. In this position, you will play a critical role in managing our monthly and year-end accounting processes. Your main responsibilities will include preparing and communicating statutory results, coordinating external audits, and ensuring timely and accurate delivery of disclosures. You will also be responsible for the consolidation of group accounts and preparation of UK statutory accounts, including managing reviews and liaising with stakeholders.
As a Statutory Accountant, you will be a key contact for our external auditors, collaborating with various teams such as tax, treasury, and Dyson Business Services to meet audit requirements. Additionally, you will contribute to the monthly financial reporting process by calculating and posting statutory adjustments, resolving any issues, and preparing the Statutory Board Pack for executive review.
Beyond your regular tasks, you will have the opportunity to participate in accounting, system, and compliance finance projects as needed. You will provide technical accounting advice to finance teams across the organization and ensure adherence to internal accounting policies. Furthermore, you will contribute to the submission of reports to the Office of National Statistics and review requests related to our statutory lease register.
To excel in this role, you should have strong technical accounting knowledge, particularly in the preparation of consolidated financial statements for large groups. Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders will be essential. This position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a skilled professional to contribute to our finance team's success and drive our organization's financial excellence.
- A qualified accountant with statutory experience, preferably from a practice background
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience with company consolidations in large organizations
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with working in or with large and complex organizations, including group consolidations
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple deadlines
- A proactive mindset, quick to grasp new issues, and drive change and improvements
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying financial information to diverse audiences
- Experience in an international group or working on large company audits (desirable)
- Familiarity with financial systems such as S4 HANA and OneStream (desirable)
- An awareness of corporate tax issues (desirable)
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.