- Canada - Calgary Chinook Centre Demo Store
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
At Dyson, we sell by demonstrating. Our Experts, Stylists and Retail Strategy and Operations team are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out, and are excited by it. They are the face of Dyson, connecting our world-leading and pioneering technology with shoppers and owners.
About the Role:
As a Team Lead for Dyson Retail, you will be responsible for creating shopper experiences that defy convention and are unique and new. Your love for technology and design means you will know each Dyson product inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your customers through a best in class experience. You must be an enthusiastic champion for the reputation inside and outside Dyson. This role is a full time opportunity with a competitive hourly rate plus opportunity for a monthly bonus incentive and a one-time clothing allowance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving key metrics during shift including store sales, conversion and demonstrations
- Coaching and training experts and peers
- Embracing the Dyson Guest Experience model and consistently provide that experience to our guests
- Perform product demos and explain product features to customers
- Collaborating with store management to organize marketing and promotional campaigns and to coordinate activities
- Ensuring that all Experts adhere to corporate processes and safety standards
- Carrying keys and alarm codes; opening and closing the store, disarming and arming alarm system
- Overseeing cleaning, maintenance, and deliveries staff outside of regular business hours
- Taking an active role in daily operations and supervise daily procedures
- Handling managerial tasks when the general and assistant managers are unavailable
- Managing bank deposits, balance point of sale drawers and safe
- Checking and responding to email and phone messages
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required, with 1 year in a leadership role
- Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, some weekdays, holidays and as business dictates
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 35 lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- HS Diploma or GED required
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.