- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Here at Dyson we believe that simply being compliant does not make a product safe and so we have a culture of ensuring inherent safety by design, beyond just regulatory standards. Part of this culture is to ensure that should a customer have any safety-related issue we identify, investigate and take action as quickly as possible irrespective of where they are globally or what platform they use. Your job as Lead Market Safety Engineer will be to ensure the market surveillance is as good as it can be, to investigate root cause and drive change through the company to resolve any issues. With a continuous flow of innovative new designs, a constantly evolving marketplace and changes in the way that we communicate, the drive to ensure that we manage all potential issues is a significant challenge.
About the role
- Monitor how the constantly evolving global customer care teams interact with customers, how those customers choose to communicate with us and ensure that we have the right tools and training to identify and capture all potential safety related claims.
- Provide technical expertise to support the customer care teams and in-market engineers to resolve issues with customers quickly and efficiently.
- Working with departmental and company resource, investigate new issues to determine root cause and produce written and verbal reports of the findings.
- Produce and maintain standardised reports, trackers and dashboards to identify evolving issues and communicate safety status. Identify and track failure modes and rates, report trends and present findings.
- Provide technical support to external investigations.
- Actively advocate continuous improvement activity taken from existing market knowledge into future development programs supporting the needs and requirements of innovation and development teams.
- Promote cultural awareness of product safety keeping informed and vigilant of global status while supporting any required corrective action.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent experience in an engineering or design role with experience in a role of safety, reliability or failure investigation.
- Broad technical engineering strength and with products becoming increasingly complex, a background in electrical systems, electronics and software would be ideal but is not an absolute requirement.
- Experience of failure diagnosis tools such as Fault Tree or Fish Bone analysis.
- Medium to high level skills in data analytics tools such as Excel and SQL.
- Excellent technical communication skills and able to convey ideas simply to a diverse audience. A confident presenter of complex technical subject matter.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient, with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace. Results driven.
- Energetic and a quick learner, a self-driver at the same time willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.