- Malmesbury, United Kingdom
About the role
The Lead Electronics Engineer is part of the Sensors Group in the Global Hardware Electronics. You will be working with engineers and scientists from across different teams including software, hardware and mechanical; on multiple R&D projects covering all current and new categories at Dyson. You will be challenged to solve complex problem in novel ways. Work with Product Owners to capture requirements and select appropriate sensing and actuating technologies. Motivate and mentor graduate and regular engineers on your team.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics) Experience working in design, implementation and testing of sensors such as magnetic, pressure sensing, range finding and image sensors
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages
- Experience with physical characterisation of sensors
- Experience with quantitative and statistical analysis using Matlab or Python
- Experience with analogue signal conditioning and digital processing design techniques
- Experience using hardware lab equipment.
- Experience with end-of-line calibration equipment and testers
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing to executive level and regular engineers
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.