- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Technology Development is a functional team with specialists in Filtration, Fluid Dynamics, Acoustics, Structural Analysis, and Thermals, making high value, high impact technical recommendations. We play a key role in developing proprietary Dyson technologies by exploring complex issues and creative solutions. We also set and uphold expectations for technical quality, arbitrating project technical maturity and providing business direction.
About the role
- Responsible for the integration of filter assembly into the product portfolio by providing relevant mechanical and filtration understanding and insight
- Responsible for owning, capturing, and documenting filtration performance related requirements
- Liaise with internal and external test facilities on testing methodologies and data accuracy, ensuring smooth communication throughout the partnership
- Collaborate with upstream teams to carry out performance evaluation and failure mode identification
- Lead and collaborate with design engineers to develop robust solutions verify system performance
- Deliver concise accurate results - these maybe as a result of a computational simulation, a hand calculation or an experimental test.
- Articulate data either in report form or as a presentation is another important part of this role as your work will be steering designs and informing cross functional decisions within the team.
- A Bachelors, or Masters in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Mechatronic, or any engineering related disciplines
- At least 5 years experience in a consumer product engineering company or consultancy, this vacancy would suit someone looking for their second or third position post-graduation. For a senior applicant we would expect at least 5 years experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience in internal consumer electronics filtration requirement and test standards
- Advanced knowledge and experience in statistical tools and methodologies
- Practical and laboratory skills with confidence in testing of product filtration performance
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis, and material science
- Proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.