- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About Dyson IT
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
This team are accountable for delivering the IT strategy that aligns to and forms part of the broader Dyson strategic blueprint. It will take the lead in bringing technology insights to this strategy and mobilising innovative technology centres of excellence to accelerate the delivery of the strategic intents called out in the blueprint.
The team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right order.
The team lead on enabling and co-ordinating cross pillar activity, at all levels in IT, to ensure consistency of process and outcome is achieved, particularly around service management best practice.
About The Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager Service Integration, you will be responsible for leading the service management and governance of IT Service Delivery for your assigned delivery pillar and the subsequent roll up of service management data at the global level.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and validating service operations data including SLA performance from IT Service Providers/Suppliers
- Supporting Supplier and business service reviews
- Producing service reports to drive best practice ITIL governance and to identify CSI opportunities
- Working with the PMO team to incorporate Programme status reporting into central service management reporting presentations.
- Develops and creates professional executive and senior stakeholders service management presentations
- Supporting the validation of ServiceNow changes through UAT for Service Catalogue changes and enhancements.
- Providing service reports into the Global IT Service Management team to evidence compliance to Service Management standards and processes
- Taking actions with IT support teams for non ITSM process and policy compliance.
- Identifying opportunities for ITSM continual service improvement initiatives and reports on progress
- Implementing metrics and reporting
- Leading problem and incident management review meetings and evidencing progress to closing problem tickets and reducing repeat incident occurrences.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key IT stakeholders up to IT Director level. You will also possess the capability to manage third parties to deliver in line with Dyson’s service operations target operating model.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including third parties, IT and business personnel.
- Good understanding of technology and process optimization techniques e.g. standardisation, consolidation, simplification and automation and an appetite for continuous improvement.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete tasks.
- Natural collaborator, open to challenge yet assertive.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience as a Service/IT Analyst or Lead (2 years)
- Strong knowledge of ITIL principles particular change, problem, incident, request fulfilment and knowledge management (mandatory)
- Basic understanding of project lifecycle stages (desirable)
- Knowledge of IT service desk tools ideally ServiceNow (highly desirable not mandatory)
- ITIL v3 or v4 trained (highly desirable but not mandatory)
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to effectively assist in the communication and compliance of Service Operations policies and processes
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the effectiveness of IT Service Management
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.