- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Lead Simulation Engineer
We are currently growing our 3D simulation team at Dyson to deliver advanced tools to support development, prototyping and test of complex robotics products. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional simulation and AR/VR tools to enable teams to excel in the rapid delivery of innovative new products, then we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will be working within a multi-disciplinary agile development team to deliver a new generation of 3D tools to ensure we can deliver the best possible products. You will bring a thorough understanding of the Unity 3D engine and C# and a clear architectural vision to help steer the team.
- Work within a cross-functional team of simulation engineers to deliver simulation and VR tools to support all aspects of the delivery of mobile robotic products.
- Analyse and assess the performance of the tools to ensure they meet the needs of all users.
- Collaboration with robotics development and test engineers to understand the requirements on the simulation and VR toolset.
- Lead investigation spikes to understand possible improvements to algorithmic and software solutions.
- Identify key risk areas of proposed solutions.
- Agree and document proposed solutions and their final implementation in order to support maintenance and future development.
- Guide and mentor fellow simulation engineers
Qualifications and skills
- Fluent in C#
- Technical lead of multiple Unity projects
- Strong understanding of Unity's rendering architecture. Scriptable Render Pipelines, both URP and HDRP.
- Experience with automated build/testing pipelines and CI/CD systems
- Experience with complex dynamic physics simulations in Unity.
- Experience across VR/AR and desktop applications.
- Unity optimisation, profiling and frame debugger experience.
- Strong computing fundamentals, data architecture, systems design.
- Understanding of Compute Shaders
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of software development best practice
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Tech artist experience, modelling, shaders, lighting.
- Unity generalist, experience across the entire engine.
- Experience in C++
- Addressable/remote asset loading.
- 3D math
- Procedural generation
- Ability to network and build relationships across teams
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
- Strong interest in simulation and VR/AR
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.