- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Software Test & Quality Assurance ensures the products we sell represent the high Quality and Reliability of the Dyson brand, by using the world class techniques to implement automated methods of testing. This can involve simulating elements of the product to allow testing of all scenarios, to using image recognition or advanced technologies for automatic identification of elements displayed on the user interface. Quality is ensured and actively maintained during the Scaled Agile Framework development process by our QMS experts, and accepting customer correspondence to improve future products. Our labs allow unattended testing of partial to full products including moving robots, allowing the team to work remotely. It is a great opportunity if you want to enrich your cross subject’s skillset to join the world best software test & QA teams.
About the role
- Verify Dyson products software features, compatibility and performance, including soak, robust, usability and stability test.
- Develop software test strategies and test plans.
- Design software test cases and automation test scripts.
- Build-up software automation test environment.
- Execute related software tests, and report problems via the defect tracking system. Analyse and track software defects through their resolution. Verify code fixes and sign off on resolutions
- Work directly with the software development engineers during the software development process. Apply the principles of the software development life cycle.
- Participate in related project or scrum meetings throughout the software development process to help guide the delivery of a good quality software product.
- Analyse test results and prepare test summary reports.
- Review and analyse software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- Continuously improve software test by applying new software technologies and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering / Electronic Engineering, or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of Android mobile application development/test experience, able to build-up test platform and environment
- Knowledge of embedded system, IOT product verification experience
- Strong understanding Linux, Android SDK, Android studio etc.
- Good programming languages such as Python, C, Java, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of agile software development, basic electronics hardware
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity in Confluence, Jira, Git.
- Good knowledge of mobile architectures and emerging technologies.
- Experience with version control systems and automated testing tools.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.