- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
At Dyson software is key to the products that we develop. We are rapidly growing our embedded software department and we're currently on the look out for a talanted Lead Software Engineer in Test.
We want to build high performing teams that reflect a broad range of experience and abilities that give opportunity for growth and informal mentoring. From 1 year to several decades of expertise, to those wanting to have hands on leadership of a team of engineers - we have opportunities at each stage of your career at both of our locations in Malmesbury and Hullavington.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by us. We developed the user interface for the latest V15 cordless vacuum cleaner and the Corrale hair straightener. We wrote the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet.
About the role.
- Define manual and automated software test strategy as per product requirements
- Design test cases for software test according to requirements
- Design software test environment, build automated systems to support continuous testing and analysis of nightly builds
- Develop automation cases with Python programming language
- Run test cases automatically and/or manually
- Contribute to software quality by reviewing the software implementation and/or source code
- Proactively identify and mitigate software quality issue/risk
- Work in an Agile environment, better if familiar with SAFe Agile
- Continuously improve software test by applying new technologies and methodologies
- Analyse test results and prepare test summary reports.
- Participate in related project or scrum meetings throughout the software development process to help guide the delivery of a good quality software product.
- Be part of a community of practice (CoP) to promote improvements
- Competency in at least one language, such as python, C
- Low level debugging experience (both on and off target)
- Knowledge of Sensors and actuators
- Related software development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Stash, Git, Bamboo
- Possess a good understanding of electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems.
- Knowledge of software in IOT products, such as embedded, app, cloud and so on.
- Experience working in with Agile software development
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skill, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery – we use Linux, Docker and Python based scripts and tools
- Experience of communications protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, Real Time OS
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
• Performance related bonus
• Company paid Life Assurance
• Discounts on Dyson machines
• Competitive pension scheme
• Purchase additional holidays
• 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
• Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
• On-site parking
• Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
• Free on-site hair salon (Malmesbury)
• On-site lifestyle Assist (Malmesbury)
• Electric vehicle scheme
• Private Medical insurance for all employees
• Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
• Digital GP and prescription service
• Fertility treatment support
• On-site gym and sports centre (Malmesbury)
• On-site wellbeing centre (Malmesbury)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.