- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Job Title: Data Architect
Department: Global Data Function
Contract Type: Contingent
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to: Lead Data Architect
Location: Malmesbury / Bristol
Date: July 2021
Data & Analytics at Dyson
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson are delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from UK to Chicago, Shanghai to Singapore. Domain-specific experts form spoke analytics teams, enabled by a central team at the hub. All teams benefit from significant recent investments in cloud technologies and tools, combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum; data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation, to the highest level, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function (GDF) have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
The team are a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
Working closely with Data Architects based in Singapore, UK and Chicago, you will be responsible for helping progress the data architecture on key business focussed projects. Your designs will align with architectural principles and standards and will be delivered using dedicated Data Engineers.
- Owning the definition of data architecture components for information management solutions to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets for the key business focussed projects. These will align with shared strategic initiative and designs
- Producing and approving conceptual, logical and physical architecture diagrams for operational enterprise data and analytics solutions
- Architecting conceptual, logical and physical data models using recognised data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) in standard modelling tools using the UML and ArchiMate modelling language
- Designing the data integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch
- Supporting, defining and managing work packages that deliver elements of an information management solution e.g. data warehouse, data mart, ETL service, operational data store
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Embodies a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits
- Strong architecture and data modelling skills
- Resilient and comfortable with high pace change.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends
- “Hands-on” Data Architect. Must be comfortable with working proactively with the Data Engineers on GCP or AWS.
- Good understanding of the GCP or AWS data landscape
- ArchiMate, UML
- Data Integration & Federation: e.g. SAP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab Initio, and data integration tools for Hadoop-based architectures
- Data Repositories: e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, DB2, Greenplum, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Enterprise architecture modelling tools: e.g. Sparx EA, IBM System Architect, Archi
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.