- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In Business Application Services, we have end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications that enable Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the Business Application Services team are aligned to investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Engineering Operations and Enterprise Applications. Our role in the DevOps practice is to provide full life high performing IT systems that serve both the demand and the pace of our growing global business.
About The Role
The Technical Architecture practice works closely with Solution Architects, business analysts, project managers, strategic partners and 3rd party vendors to proactively architect software solutions for the global IT application portfolio. In the role of Technical Architect (PLM) your responsibilities will include:
- Provide understanding and technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s PLM platforms.
- Align with RDD & Engineering Team Product Owners on the consideration and prioritisation of technical platform changes in line with their business requirements.
- Act as an ambassador with IT Partners & Business Stakeholders for joint ownership and management of technical and business changes on PLM platforms.
- Work with Solution Architects, strategic partners and third party vendors to support the creation and implementation of technical designs on new and changed PLM platforms.
- Work with BAs, infrastructure, technical SMEs and business stakeholders, align on delivery plans, and change governance to drive technical changes into PLM solutions.
- Identify gaps in PLM capability and identify options to resolve.
- Communicate PLM requirements with key stakeholders ensuring technical considerations and decisions are correctly managed through design governance and remain aligned to the overarching solution design
- Produce and maintain PLM design documentation
- Work with third parties and strategic partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities for the PLM application landscape.
- Evaluating PLM toolsets and new applications to meet changing business requirements and help to shape and deliver PLM technical roadmaps
- Act as the PLM technical design authority and help to develop architectural design principles and ways of working and ensure compliance to these principles.
- Providing technical insight to the Support Practice for the resolution of production incidents
- Provide guidance to the IT leadership, key stakeholders and other colleagues as required to maximize value of PLM platform architecture.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
You will need to be customer focused, to be organised and confident, to have a sense of urgency and to remain calm under pressure. You will have the ability to deliver results using your own initiative and as such, it is essential that you possess the following skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation.
- Experience of architectural delivery on PLM platforms.
- Experience in implementing and shaping the technical strategy on PLM platforms.
- Experience of PLM to include Siemens’ Teamcenter, Active Workspace and configuring integration for TcRA and NX CAD.
- Technical Architecture, Implementation and 2nd line support of:
- Teamcenter Unified Architecture PLM Software installation, configuration and monitoring
- Teamcenter 2-Tier and 4-Tier systems
- Teamcenter software patches and upgrade
- Basic BMIDE configura8on
- Basic export/import tasks using PLMXML, IPS Data Upload
- Teamcenter NX CAD integration
- Teamcenter CAE integrations including: NX, Ansys
- Teamcenter CAM integrations including: NX
- Teamcenter MSOffice including Outlook Integration
- Teamcenter Group & Role Management, maintenance & security including LDAP and Kerberos Integration
- Teamcenter Access Control and workflows templates
- Teamcenter Change Management
- Ability to influence others and communicate with impact at senior levels across the organisation
- Ability to structure and implement organisational processes, procedures and knowledge retention
- Ability to produce meaningful Senior level reports on status, trends and performance
- Experience of ERP applications (SAP/S4 Hana, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Experience of Service Now, Advanced Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Teams, Confluence, Jira
- Knowledge of project delivery methodologies (Agile/SCRUM and traditional Waterfall)
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Application configuration control and deployment practices
- Basic scripting and/or programming
- Authoring and maintain system and user documentation
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.