- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Overview – Global Sustainability and CSR Team
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way.
At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reducing our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards.
It started with the vacuum bag – or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we’re constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
Overview – Role:
The role holder will report into Sustainability Manager as part of the global Dyson Sustainability- Supply Chain Team, supporting Dyson on a journey towards best in class environmental and social stewardship and sustainability within its supply chain.
The role holder will be responsible for implementation of Dyson’s supply chain sustainability strategy, including projects, policies, reporting, due diligence assessments and process development among the Philippines Contract manufacturers and other direct suppliers.
Leading implementation of Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct policy across the business by implementing due diligence tools to support global procurement processes
Training of suppliers on Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct requirements and subsequently conducting assessments, inspections, and investigations of detected code of conduct violations including modern slavery and conditions of forced labour.
Providing support to direct suppliers on issues of potential human rights concerns and undertake remedial and improvement plans.
To champion and safeguard Dyson’s ethical and environmental standards amongst our supply chain. Duties include:
Direct Supplier Management
- Assist the Sustainability Manager in implementing strategies and policies for direct supply chain in Philippines
- Integrating sustainability requirements into procurement processes and working with the Dyson Commercial and Procurement teams to ensure that new and existing suppliers meet the required ethical and environmental standards.
- Developing and implementing Dyson’s sustainability improvement programme for direct Supplier including risk assessments, supply chain mapping, policy, due diligence processes and assessments
- Monitor and manage forced labour risk in the direct supply chain especially with focus on assigned supplier portfolio in Philippines
- Develop improvement plans for direct supply chain especially in Philippines for compliance to Dyson Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct.
- Work closely with the Senior Audit & Programme Manager to implement supplier ethical audit programme and ensure appropriate corrective action follow up to close any gap.
- Implement specific worker welfare programme that include Labor, Health and Safety.
- Work closely with the Sustainability Environmental Impact team to implement Environmental SDG goals in the supply chain, especially with the contract manufacturers.
- Assist the Indirect Team in the implementation of strategies and policies to Indirect Suppliers in Philippines
Reporting and Governance
- Monitoring best practice and new developments in supply chain sustainability for inclusion in future strategy
- Supporting the implementation of Dyson’s supply chain policies, including Dyson’s Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct. As and when required, perform reviews of existing policies or development of new policies.
- Supporting in Supply Chain reporting that includes monthly progress report and annual Modern Slavery Statement publication.
- Conducting monthly review meeting with Philippines Contract Manufacturers or relevant stakeholders (i.e. Global Commodity Managers) on direct suppliers’ sustainability performance.
- Managing relationships with third party independent auditors, other external partners and initiatives ie; Responsible Mineral Initiative & Responsible Labor Initiative.
- Collaborate with Senior Sustainability Audit Manager in preparation and execution of the yearly Audit Plan for all Direct Suppliers in Philippines.
- Overseeing the audit and Corrective Action process for direct suppliers and engage with the senior management teams of suppliers to improve conditions for workers.
- Regular project status reporting to Sustainability Manager and senior management team.
- Conduct Dyson lead audit using the assigned and approved audit tools.
- 5 years (min) sustainability experience, preferably within supply chain.
- Minimum 3 years social audit experience
- Knowledge and experience of relevant supply chain legislation including relating to modern slavery, labor, health and safety of workers and manufacturing environmental legislation.
- Experience of designing and/or implementing risk-based supply chain due diligence processes, including risk assessments, audits and assessments
- A demonstrable interest and understanding of supply chain sustainability issues and the ways in which these challenges can be tackled.
- Willing to travel domestic and overseas
- Educated to degree level (Ideally scientific/engineering/sustainability based)
- Certified in SA8000 will be added advantage
- Certified Lead Social Auditor
- Languages: Fluent in Spoken and written
- English (essential)
- Filipino (essential)
- Knowledge of international labour standards, codes and audit standards such as SA 8000, ILO, ETI Base Code etc. would be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and to find innovative approaches to address new challenges
- An ability to see the bigger picture of Dyson’s overall sustainability strategy, and how this role contributes to it is required, in order to continually improve own methods accordingly.
- A methodical and detailed approach is essential, with excellent attention to detail.
- The role holder will be a presence for sustainability within procurement teams and the wider business.
- A passion for working for Dyson is essential.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.