- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
- The Electronics System Verification team as part of the Floorcare integration team have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Engineer to deliver all aspects of Electronics System Verification from requirements review and test system development through to data analysis and results reporting.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of dynamic teams to help support the understanding of new technologies, define test strategies and support the creation of testable requirements.
- A key component of this role will be developing automated test solutions which will involve using a wide range of tools including NI LabVIEW and TestStand, working with the rest of the team to ensure test solutions are scalable and platformed across multiple projects.
- Working closely with the electronics integration and category teams, you will need to raise issues and support bug investigation as required by the project.
- This is a critical role in the delivery of robust, reliable and quality products to our owners.
- Understand Dyson product and system requirements and what determines good or bad performance.
- Work with project teams to determine test requirements.
- Take ownership of system verification test development, execution and analysis for the assigned parts of the project(s).
- Specify test equipment and tools and infrastructure required for systems verification and testing
- Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
- Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice across Dyson.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of systems engineering processes.
- LabVIEW, TestStand is crucial to the role and ideally with accreditation (e.g. CLD / CLA / CTD)
- Experience of Python would be an advantage
- Data management skills including knowledge of SQL would be an advantage.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline. Electronics, Electrical or Systems preferred.
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in engaging with stakeholders of varied seniority
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.