- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Technical and Solution Architecture teams provide modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
Reporting into an Application Engineering Manager, you will provide leadership and technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s E-commerce platforms. You will align with commercial and connectivity Product Owners on the consideration and prioritisation of technical platform changes whilst working with Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, and third-party suppliers to support the creation and implementation of architectural designs that enable the successful end-to-end development, integration, testing and deployment of solutions.
Acting as the technical authority for your assigned platform or capability, you will ensure compliance with design principles and ways of working, identifying gaps in platform capabilities and collaborate with key stakeholders to understand future trends, innovation, and opportunities for improvement. We have a very ambitious roadmap of technology changes to support our expanding product catalogue and it is an exciting time to joining Dyson.
- At least seven years’ experience developing applications in PHP
- At least five years’ experience producing technical designs
- At least three years’ experience leading a development or architecture team on projects involving Adobe Commerce, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target etc
- At least one years’ experience as a technical or solutions architect within an enterprise environment
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders is highly desirable
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies would be beneficial
- Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing, and project management partners is desirable
- An understanding of security principles and how such policies can be applied to the design of solutions would be beneficial
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.