- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
The ramp up of Embedded Software expertise at the Dyson Philippines Advanced Manufacturing facility has created an opportunity for an individual to onsite technical training expertise. The increasing technology content within Dyson products requires a wider comprehension of all aspects of software: operations, development, maintenance and deployment across South East Asia (SEA) based Product Development teams.
The candidate will need to be able to put together and conduct high level training for software and systems disciplines, as well as plan and present the training packages, in order to support a minimum standard of capability within the group.
- Work with Global Electronics teams to organise, deliver and assess the effectiveness of the Induction process for PAM ramp up
- Key player in fulfilling Global Technical training strategy based on RDD training needs analysis training need when required understand detailed training requirements
- Take responsibility for Electronics and Software training needs across East Asia (MDC, STC, PAM, CN)
- Conduct training to Hardware, Software and Systems engineers on our electronics development processes and the detailed core processes and tools that sit within it
- Work with the Technical Training team in United Kingdom (UK) to globally align common courses and techniques
- Engage with 3rd party external training consultants to provide a blend of training solutions
- Assist in the creation, analysis and subsequent training based on feedback from Heads of Department
- Work with stakeholder groups within RDD to gather requirements for the creation of new training where required
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance to design and develop training programs based on RDD training needs analysis and business needs
- Work closely with Training Coordinator in organizing internal training workshops on a monthly basis or when required
- Work as part of a global team to ensure global consistency in process and training content to ensure consistency in working practices within RDD
- Prepare continual improvement assessments to evaluate RDD performance & capability
- Mentors internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) to be able to conduct internal training
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Batchelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Software engineering role
- Previous experience of delivering training is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of at least one high level programming languages. C, C++, C#, Python, Ruby
- Experience with some or all of the following would be desirable; IoT, Embedded Systems, iOS or Android Application SW or Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum working methods
- Experience of Verification and Validation of Hardware and Software
- An appreciation of Electronics Hardware development and manufacturing workflow, preferably at high volume
- Hands-on Microcontroller experience e.g. Arduino
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- DevOps or equivalent Production processes
- Appreciation of modelling methods e.g. UML
- Forward thinking and proactive when looking at training opportunities
- Drive and Enthusiasm to take on new functionality/standards and champion their use
- Excellent communication skills, both written and especially oral at a technical level
- Confident, clear, engaging and inspiring when presenting to groups
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.