- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do, focusing on Research, Design and Development (RDD).
Based in RDD centre at Senai, the team involved in developing new technologies into Dyson product specifically product performances such as Acoustics, Fluid Dynamics, Structural, Thermal etc. We are part of the global team that collaborate and explore complex engineering problems and strategize creative technical solutions.
About the role
Dyson's Technology Development team pioneers technology that are found in our game-changing products. A Lead Technology Development Engineer is responsible for providing subject matter expertise through the delivery of research investigation activities to drive the development of new knowledge, technologies and insights, in order to identify and solve engineering problems.
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet functional criteria while maintaining acoustics performance
- Responsible for owning, capturing and documenting the requirements of technologies/performances
- Involved in continuous improvement and development of experimental techniques and design methodologies in Acoustics, to further enhance the capability of Dyson products
- Capable of experiment validation, results analysis and confident communication to other member of their project team, ensuring all work is appropriately documented
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final design Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Help make informed decisions by interpreting complex data to drive design direction
- Mentor graduates/new team members
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Mechanical, Acoustics, Noise & Vibration or Materials Engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in analytical based product/technology development with minimally 1 year of experience in leading/mentoring others
- Significant engineering knowledge and experience in mechanical systems and performing failure analysis on them
- In-depth knowledge of tools and methods used to characterize mechanical structures and performances
- Experience in mechanical signal analysis is preferred: FFT, spectrogram, FRF, waterfall plot, etc
- Experience in noise and vibration tools is preferred: noise localization, modal testing, ODS, transfer path analysis, fractional-octave analysis, psychoacoustic, etc
- Experience in using CAE tools (ANSYS, COMSOL, ACTRAN etc) and/or modelling/numerical tools (MATLAB/Python, etc) for problem solving and innovation
- Experience in using CAD and Design tools
- Understanding of statistical techniques/Six Sigma tools
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.