- Operational Engineering
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
About the role
Dyson is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. As part of Dyson GPVT Team (Global Product Verification and Test), Test Engineering Operations play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate these new technologies and products to ensure these designs are robust to real world conditions.
Lead Test Operations Engineer is subject matter expert for the delivery of the execution of medium to large projects especially in managing, designing, executing and reporting on the critical testing required to prove out emerging Dyson technologies by using prescribed guidelines and procedures with a good knowledge of own discipline.
GPVT Team (Global Product Verification and Test) covers the entire range of Dyson’s product portfolio.
- Involve and manage new Dyson products development projects in terms of performance and robustness verification testing in the test labs, with deep knowledge of related verification testing.
- Collaborate within internal GPVT (Global Product Verification and Test) lead, engineers and technicians to identify, prioritise and plan for testing to support test demands to be executed on time as project time plan.
- Collaborate within external GPVT (Global Product Verification and Test) partners; Design Team, Engineering Team and Technology Team to understand the risks associated with new technologies and help define the best way of assessing those risks.
- Review each of test request, align with testing requirements for product development and report out testing readiness and the risks associated with the testing plan in term of test capacity and capability.
- Deliver all operational task within labs independently and leading a team of Senior Engineer, Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Senior Test Technicians, Test Technicians and Test Operators.to deliver specific operational task across the lab within the sites independently.
- Ensure quality output of test results, failure report and provide necessary advice to the relevant stakeholders.
- Be fully involved in the failure analysis of related UUT (Unit Under Test).
- Take a proactive approach within the team in the generation of ideas - present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Lead continuous improvement to optimize lab operation in term time, cost and quality across the sites. Execute maintenance of test rig, tools, equipment's calibration to ensure that they are in calibration and always in good condition.
- Report relevant results, progress and analysis to a wide range of stakeholders - including design leads and engineering managers and deliver any operational activity to relevant safety standards.
- Liaise with Test Verification, Test Development, Project and Engineering Team to identify and execute the verification strategy for testing; to assess and improve Dyson product designs and technologies to be able to be at the top in the market.
- To establish and maintain a good inventory plan of consumables in the lab ensuring that they are used accordingly and replenished when necessary.
- Cultivate and drive safety culture and ensure all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test method.
- Specify test equipment to enable any risks to be assessed - including suitable and often bespoke data acquisition setups.
- Setup required test either individually or as a part of a team of other engineers or technicians and monitor the progress.
- Review Dyson products features/technologies and provide advice on the test setup based on the specific products designs.
- Persistent review, highlight and solve lab issues which may affect the test output in advance in order to develop risk mitigation plan.
- Able to work independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Carry out other related tasks in addition to the above main tasks.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, or related field which is equivalent experience with broad technical engineering skills.
- 4 to 6 years of experienced in industry that related to Operations of Verification and Testing development at the appropriate level.
- Skilled in project management, verification and testing environment, planning and conducting testing, test method development and you had exposure to test rigs and automation.
- Knowledge in FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), TRL (Technology Readiness Level) and statistical analysis.
- Experienced in working with prototyping solutions and benchmark testing methodologies and exposure to test automation.
- Good written, Effective Communication Skill, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiar with international test method standards (IEC, EN, ASTM, etc.) and internally developed test method focusing on robustness and performance testing for the product.
- Possess people leadership, excellent organisational and team-working skills; capable to plan efficiently, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate in keeping all relevant stakeholders in the loop on the status of projects and workloads.
- Exceptional, capable and confident in communication and presentation skills; able to translate and communicate complex technical information to relevant stakeholders either within internal or external teams, managers and directors as required.
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems that have not been solved at scale before.
- Proactive and have high level sense of urgency, responsibility and commitment.
- Excellent personality and open to positive criticism.
- Self-starter with full of initiative to make the difference.
- Perseverance - consistently putting effort to maintain and further improve current system or process.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Capable of working under pressure, commit to tight deadlines and able to think and react promptly.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.